Guided by The Policy Framework for Sustainable Development and the Housing Policy, this Division is mandated to facilitate the development of sustainable communities aligned to proper land use policy guidelines. Through its respective agencies this division has lead responsibility to provide housing solutions that are of good quality, in addition to being affordable and accessible to the nation’s citizenry.
The major functions of this Division are:
- Provision of high quality affordable and accessible housing solutions
- Identification of Funding for the Housing Programs
- Identification of Land for the Housing Programs
- Facilitation of the implementation of Housing Policy and Regulatory Framework
- Monitoring and enforcing Housing Policy Implementation
- Squatter Regularisation/Containment/Relocation
- Provision of Integrated Information Technology Solutions
- Communication on Government Housing Policy and Programmes
The implementing agencies with respect to housing are the Housing Development Corporation (HDC), The Land Settlement Agency (LSA) and The Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Committee (SILWC).